The Abbey Museum came to us because they needed an online ticketing system with quite specific requirements – a handful of separate events based around their Abbey Medieval Festival, with different ticketing types required for each and a lot of custom features and reporting needs. With ticketing sales expected to be in excess of 10,000 over 3-4 months. They needed a booking system that provided a great user experience for their customers on the website to ensure maximum booking conversions, and also easy for their team to manage orders and report on them.
In previous years they had made use of WordPress plugins, but none met all the requirements, and required custom modifications to achieve what they needed. However the plugins themselves were badly coded and caused ongoing problems.
The Solution – Custom Online Ticketing System
We helped them to research the available 3rd party online ticketing systems, where none matched all of their requirements. So together we made the decision to build a custom ticketing shopping cart-based system in Laravel that would give them the exact ticketing system they needed.
Overall Ticketing System Features
We built a custom online ticketing system with features such as
- Unlimited event types
- Unlimited ticket types per event
- Earlybird pricing
- Ticket type sales limit
- Custom ticket images per ticket type
- Ability to add additional questions at checkout per ticket type
- Shopping cart – purchase several tickets and ticket types at same time
Customer User Experience
On the frontend which the users see, we built in the ability to purchase several different ticket types for different events all in one go using a shopping cart-based system where they could add all the ticket types to the cart, and check out. Ensuring a smooth process from start to finish.
We were able to minimise time needed for admin tasks to manage the ticket orders, and reporting.
- Easy to add/edit events and tickets
- Sales report graphs – filterable by event/ticket type and date range
- Daily reconciliation report
- Email PDF tickets (with barcodes) instantly on receipt of payment
- Export orders to Excel CSV file